Temp Problem

K.H.MusicMan

Temp Problem

Post by K.H.MusicMan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Hello,

I am always starting to get a T14 error. It always happens after about 10 minutes into the print. I dont know what to do...

Also, I noticed that the print will be heating, and get to the very end, and never start, unless I hold down the middle top fan and stop it from spinning. I think something might be wrong with my printer... =/

Would anyone have any suggstions?
MajorOCD
Site Admin

Re: Temp Problem

Post by MajorOCD » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 pm

I had the same issue. I was only using the left extruder and had nothing in the right side. I tried taking an empty print head (without the metal parts) and put it in the right side. This solved my problem. I think the fan was getting redirected and cooling the heater block too much.
K.H.MusicMan

Post by K.H.MusicMan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Thank you for the reply,

But the tip you mentioned didn't work for me. I literally have to stop the bigger fan at the top, then it will begin to extrude/purge/start the print. However, after about 10 mintues it gives me the temp T14 or T24 error. I only have an ABS cartridge right now, but I will try it with my PLS cartridge when it comes in on Friday.

Thank you again, let me know if you have any more tips...

Always appreciated...
MajorOCD
Site Admin

Post by MajorOCD » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:47 am

I also only had the problem with ABS. PLA worked fine for me. ABS melts at a hotter temp, so it is more likely to have a temp error if you have anything wrong. It may be your power supply. I know on the other forum, they have a link for an exact replacement for $15 (it's like $100 I think if you order it from 3DS). If I were to replace mine, I would consider getting one of the higher wattage ones that are made for 3D printers and other electronics. You would have to wire it up yourself and either cut off the old connector to use for it or buy a new connector. I'm not saying you should do that yourself, but it should eliminate any future possibilities of temp errors. In my opinion, the included power supply is underpowered. Otherwise so many people wouldn't be having these issues. The fact that it only happened with ABS for me indicates a possible weak power supply.
MajorOCD
Site Admin

Post by MajorOCD » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:48 am

Here is a link to the exact power supply:
http://www.mpja.com/24-Volt-Adapter-Pow ... /32885+PS/
MajorOCD
Site Admin

Post by MajorOCD » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:14 am

This is just an example of the type of power supply I was referring to as a possible replacement. I AM NOT SAYING THAT I KNOW THIS WILL WORK!! This is only what I'm assuming would work. If you don't wire it properly you could destroy your printer or possibly cause a fire!!

https://www.amazon.com/NEWSTYLE-Univers ... wer+supply

The original power supply is 5 amps. The example I gave is 15 amps.